Wednesday, May 6, 2015

His Work




The Lord has been bringing across my path several truths as of late.  One of them being that I need to be aware of what it is HE has for me to do.  Then I need to be obedient to that.  Also to remember that the work that I am doing in obedience to Him, is HIS work, not my own.  I need to remember to not spread myself thin in work that has nothing to do with His will for me at this time and point in my life.  The world does not depend on me to turn, life goes on with or without me, and the projects and work here in Romania that the Lord has ordained will go on as He has for them to go on, as long as we are obedient and faithful to what He has for us to do.

God is so good.  And I always get a little laugh when He sends me the same truth like 20 times....it's almost as though He knows me and my stubborn head and heart and wants to be sure I am understanding what He is saying to me!

Here is a great quote from my devotional this morning.

"All that we build is going to be inspected by God. Is God going to detect in His searching fire that we have built on the foundation of Jesus some enterprise of our own? These are days of tremendous enterprises, days when we are trying to work for God, and therein is the snare. Profoundly speaking, we can never work for God. Jesus takes us over for His enterprises, His building schemes entirely, and no soul has any right to claim where he shall be put."
-My Utmost for His Highest

grace & peace

No comments:

Post a Comment