Tuesday, July 4, 2017

20 years!!

20 years!!!!!!

Yes, it is true. Today, July 4th, marks 20 years since I first set foot on Romanian soil.  How am I this old?  I cannot honestly believe it. On top of this being 20 years since my first trip to Romania, I am also nearing 6 years in total out of those 20 of my actually living in this country.  Looking through all my pictures from my many journeys here, I am in awe and amazement at how good God is. At how He has blessed me. At how His plans are so much more amazing and better than my plans could have ever been for my life.  These 20 years show God's faithfulness to provide, to lead, to love me even though I have not deserved His goodness.

This post is not about "me", this post is about HIM. It's about a God who loves me, a God who loves the orphans and gypsy and Romanians and Hungarians of this beautiful country.  It is a post about a God who works through a shy, sometimes disobedient girl.  It is a post about a God who has promised to be with me and never forsake me, and these past 20 years have proven this promise of His 100 times over.

WOW...that's all I can say...well...wow and THANK YOU JESUS!

Here are some pics of me 20 years ago, and then again this year in the spots!

Timisoara - 1997 and 2017





Petrosani - 1997 and 2017



Sighisoara - 1997, 2007 and 2017





Brasov (my home now!) - 1997 and 2017




 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment