Tuesday, August 5, 2014

I Am Persuaded

My sweet little mama shared this very encouraging devotional with me today...so I thought I would pass it on.  

 08052014.mmitm.pc.mjb.

For I am persuaded beyond doubt (am sure) that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities, nor things impending and threatening nor things to come, nor powers, Nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.  
- Romans 8:38-39

And this is why I am suffering as I do. Still I am not ashamed, 
for I know (perceive, have knowledge of, and am acquainted with) Him Whom I have believed (adhered to and trusted in and relied on), and I am [positively] persuaded that He is able to guard 
and keep that which has been entrusted to me and which
I have committed [to Him] until that day. 
- 2 Timothy 1:12

Are you persuaded? What about? Not wishing about, not wondering about, not hoping for the best about, but persuaded about?

There are certain things we can be completely confident about and be fully persuaded are the truth. They are the things that become our foundations and what we can build our life upon.
Here are a few things you can be persuaded about…
  • God’s plans are greater than man’s plans and man’s plans cannot frustrate, cancel or hinder God’s plans for my life.
  • God knows the plans He has for me and He asks me to trust in Him with all my heart to fulfill those plans.
  • God never makes a bad decision and He never makes a mistake.
  • Every decision God makes for my life is a wise decision because God is wisdom.
  • Every decision God makes for my life is a loving decision because God is love.
  • Every decision God makes for my life is a good decision because God is good.
  • God will never leave me nor forsake me. Therefore, I do not need to be afraid or worry about where God’s decisions will take me.
- Roy Lessin

No comments:

Post a Comment